I want to take a few moments to share with you some of the highlights of this year in my life. I try to keep/write a journal/agenda/diary every day of the year, every year. I am not good at being a constant writer (as you can see on my posts, I don’t write very frequently) but in my journal I keep writing more or less, every day -although some times I spend weeks without using it.
This year I took some time to read this year’s journal and make a summary of the special things that had happened to me on 2012, and I would like to share them with you, month by month, although there are some things I kept doing all year long, like:
- Keep translating and recording physics videos from Khan Academy
- Translating into Spanish the show description of SETI Institute radio show “Big Picture Science”
On the other hand, I began some new and unexpected projects along the year, and had some wonderful experiences too, here is a summary -month by month- of them.
- Continuing collaborating with Mexico City’s “Science Cafe”.
- Translated Dr. Jeff’s article about honoring teachers and learning from him the importance of being a teacher.
- I celebrate my birthday with a very special podcast on 365 Days of Astronomy.
- This podcast being twitted by Phil Plait (aka Bad Astronomer) and having a record of maximum visits on my blog because of it!
- My first astronomy hangout in Spanish with some good friends and science popularizers.
- I was invited to develop a series of videos about astronomy in this educational website in Spanish, “Educatina”.
- Became a volunteer for “Food Revolution Day“.
- Began developing astronomy videos for Educatina.
- I was invited to be a Food Revolution Ambassador for my city (Mexico).
- I began my own hydroponic kitchen garden.
- Last details of the Food Revolution Day event at a pre-school (a cooking class by kids for kids).
- Finish the astronomy video series for Educatina -the edition/check stage begin.
- Food Revolution Day in Mexico City took place.
- Invited to be a public guest on Food Revolution Day Hangout.
- Talked about Venus’ transit to elementary school kids.
- Sumer vacations began and my trip to attend SETIconII.
- Recording tutorial of SETILive in Spanish and posting it on my blog.
- Invited to some work meetings about some projects to develop a project like Khan Academy but in Spanish.
- Invited to work dubbing videos in Spanish for an educational organization (still under *embargo*).
- Watched live the amazing Mars Curiosity Landing!
- Translate some new TED talks.
- Began dubbing videos.
- End of summer vacations, have to go back teaching.
- Talked about SETI on “La Rueda del Misterio” podcast (in Spanish)
- Extension of the dubbing project.
- Nothing relevant
- Learned about the importance of cat dentistry and having one of my cats on surgery to extract several teeth.
- I meet Patric Bartelow in person (he is the number one promoter of Moon Bounce project)
- Participated (as public and impromptu comments-translator) of the 2012 hoax hangout of SETI Institute.
- Keep dubbing educational videos.
- New astronomy project prospect to begin on January 2013.
I don’t know what new projects and challenges will come with the new year, but I am very happy to be alive and able to deal with them and keep being part of this amazing universe.
Happy New Year, every one!!Tweet